From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Another dumb question...
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:03:23 -0700

Original poster: Aaron Banerjee <spam_proof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Another newbie question that I'm sure someone here knows why this will or will not work:

1.  Regarding the spark gap, can you use, instead of an air gap, a
gas-filled gap (in order to be able to use a lower voltage in the primary
circuit)?   I happen to have a couple of thyratrons in my tube collection.
Maybe a neon tube or something of the like?