Dorkbot Tesla Coil night in Seattle, June 1st!

Original poster: Steve Greenfield <alienrelics@xxxxxxxxx>

Fwd'd message:
Those of you on the dorkbotsea-blabber email list
(http://www.dorkbot.org/dorkbotsea/mailinglist.shtml) already know
that our 2nd anniversary dorkbot meeting on June 1st will be a
Tesla-themed extravaganza, with three Teslaphile speakers and as
many Tesla-inspired artworks and devices, from weird medical
instruments to plasma balls to Jacob's Ladders, as we can find.
There will be Tesla video, and OMD's Tesla Girls on the decks.
It's going to be a classic evening.

However.  what self-respecting Tesla night could be complete
without a Tesla Coil?  And what have I not yet been able to find
one, solitary example of in the whole of our region??

Hence the DORKBOTSEA 2ND ANNIVERSARY TESLA CHALLENGE.

*	We will be offering PRIZES - interesting, fun, wild,
woolly, whacked-out prizes, being collected right now - to ANYONE
bringing a working Tesla Coil that they and/or their friends have
made!
*	We will give PRIZES - smaller than the above, but still most
definitely worth having - as a FINDERS FEE to anyone who tracks
down an existing, working Tesla Coil and its owner, and persuades
them to bring it along for the night!
*	We will be offering a SPECIAL PRIZE - more exciting
than all the other prizes - to the BEST TESLA COIL, as decided by
on-the-night audience appreciation!
*	Other Tesla devices (Jacob's Ladders and the like)
are VERY WELCOME INDEED, and may also receive PRIZES!

If this inspires or beguiles you, or if you know someone it might
inspire or beguile, please, get to work - and let me know about
your efforts at dorkbotsea AT dorkbot (dot) org.  Frankly, I'll be
on tenterhooks 'til I hear from you.  Without a Tesla Coil, there's
a slim chance that it might be too embarrassing to even have a 2nd
anniversary Tesla-themed evening after all.

http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotsea
people doing strange things with electricity