Re: ScanTesla-TRSSTC-730 - Tesla's CS coil

Original poster: "acmdq" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Terry,
>            I once built a 1:25 scale model of this machine. Amazingly
> (perhaps), k between the primary and secondary was measured at around
> 0.6. I think I later confirmed that figure using Mark's MandK program.
> Medhurst and Wheeler get you in the ballpark for the individual coils
> (I ignored/didn't worry about stray primary capacitance since Cp
> dominates utterly). The model actually worked and interestingly, the
> system performed better with the extra coil mounted outside the pri-
> sec system. I seem to remember coupling between the secondary and the
> extra coil measuring somewhere around 0.06 with the coils mounted
> coaxially.

My model is assuming no coupling between the secondary and
tertiary coils. But this is easy to include. Some coupling
between the primary and tertiary coils would also exist
with the three coils coaxial. Easy to include too.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

__________________________________________________________________________ UOL Fone: Fale com o Brasil e o Mundo com até 90% de economia. http://www.uol.com.br/fone