Re: Coupling vs secondary voltage chart

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

One of the things I've learned about optimizing code are that, quite often, exploding loops will gain some speed. Although not a significant gain in isolated loops, it tends to add up quite significantly in a heart of the number-crunching loops. So basically, nested "for" loops to run through all 36 indexes will take more time to crunch than combining the two loops into one, or even none! Also, unless C compilers have improved significantly in the past ~3 years, a fair improvement in computational speed should be realized if matrix math is "exploded" using pointers instead of arrays. I guess the same goes for the vector math, too. The consequence is that the code isn't quite as compact.

Looks good, Terry!! :)

Mark Broker