RE: Streamer V/I evolution

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> What I'm after is more an energy balance. If we
> could calculate the
> bang energy

I've managed to use a DSO to measure the energy transferred into the tank circuit from my DRSSTC H-bridge-

http://www.scopeboy.com/tesla/drsstc/scope/analysis.gif

But I don't know how much of that energy goes into the arc (a 22" single shot ground strike, connecting with the target at ~120us, in this case) and how much gets dissipated as heat in the coils.

You could use the same method as I did but using Terry's fibre optic probes to measure topload voltage and breakout point current. However it's a lot harder to get a meaningful power measurement because the streamer draws a noisy high frequency pulsed current. The crest factor must be insane.

Steve Conner