Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To the List,

On Sunday, July 17, 2005 12:05 PM Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Bill,
Answers below.
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Yes, I told you that the 7.8 or 8 (not 7) Hz signal was heard on (AM) > > car
> radios tens of miles away as a tick sound with the impulse. . . .

Any guess as to the duty cycle?  The shorter the duty, the more the total
energy is spread out through higher harmonics.  A 7.8Hz square wave is
what we'd want.  If the harmonics up above 100Hz don't make it around the
Earth, then most of the energy from the "tick" is going to be wasted.

No Info on the duty cycle, . . .

If triggered once every 8 cycles at 60 Hz, the on-time of the Ignitron would be .0625 seconds--if my math is correct--on the back side of the curve tapering down to 0 volts. A better way to power the Weldtronic controller might be to use an AC drive, capable of providing an adjustable input frequency in the 6 to 8 Hz range, and then set the controller to trigger at the 90deg point of every 360deg cycle.

Also, I think the master oscillator should have two primary circuits, the original one consisting of the big high tension transformer, primary capacitors, and the high-speed and quench breaks, etc. would be retained. The ELF pulse generator would drive a second primary loop placed above the master oscillator's upper secondary turn on insulators as shown in the CSN on page 323 and elsewhere (Corum & Corum).

The master oscillator should surround the extra coil, and not be set to the side as was done at Climax when the e-coil was moved out of the Oxide Building. The e-coil itself should be of a high aspect ratio, and the elevated body of capacitance should be of large diameter and mounted on long, nonconducting legs. All of this is shown on sheet one of APPARATUS FOR TRANSMITTING ELECTRICAL ENERGY, U.S. Patent 1,119,732, Dec. 1, 1914 (see http://www.tfcbooks.com/patents/tower.htm). Ideally the elevated terminal would be constructed as shown at http://www.teslaradio.com/images/image006.jpg and http://www.teslaradio.com/images/image008.jpg. A good earth connection would be one or more steel-lined wells, drilled some distance below the water table.

Alternatively, the master oscillator and e-coil could be separated and provided with independant ground connections and elevated terminals as shown at http://www.teslaradio.com/images/image004.jpg. Note that in this image a properly tuned Tesla-type receiver is shown standing out to the right. This element was never included as part of the Climax experimental apparatus.

Gary Peterson
Twenty First Century Books
P.O. Box 2001
Breckenridge, CO 80424-2001
gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 970-453-9293   Fax: 970-453-6692
www.teslabooks.com
www.teslascience.org

> Mike

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci