Re: Nice spark picture!

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Peter,

On 16 Jul 2005, at 23:28, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Antonio
> This lightning picture looks 'wrong' and I wonder if it is a fake. The
> lightning colour has a sunset yellow cast. It should be white/violet
> unless altered by dust/smoke, exposure or post processing, but it
> seems very uniform for this comparing the top vs the bottom of the
> strike.  The nature of the streamers just doesn't seem right, perhaps
> not chaotic enough compared to other lightning strikes. What do you
> think? Peter

Years ago I was in Thailand during the monsoon season. One night
there was a spectacular lightning display overhead, mostly cloud to
cloud. Instead of being the usual blue/white that I see in NZ, the
lightning was a distinctive orangy colour. Bangkok at that time had
very heavy air pollution thanks to lots of 2-stroke engines
travelling the streets daily.

Malcolm