Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm sure the pros are laughing :) that's OK though.  I've never done this
before and wasn't sure how else to do it.  I'm curious, how do the rest of
you wind your secondarys?  Oh and that's 20" of windings on 4" diameter PVC
with 27 AWG.

I would have cleaned the tube before winding. Some would say that the tube
should be heated to remove moisture and sealed with a layer of varnish.
This would reduce losses by a small amount (any water is quickly
evaporated if the form starts to get hot due to losses, anyway). It's not
recommended to drill holes in the form, but no big problems are expected
if the coil is long enough.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz