Saturable Reactor

Original poster: kidd6488@xxxxxxx

I sent this in before, but it came from my work address, which is not subscribed....

Here at work, I found this 40lb. 'thing' with just a 6" cord and an outlet on it. It's rackmount size (19" wide), about 3U tall, and about 12" deep. I was told it is a saturable reactor for like power filtering/stablizing, or whatever. Would this be any good to me? I was thinking wire it in series to a few MOTs for a ballast, perhaps?

I just want to know if this will be of any use, before i give him $5, $10 for it....

Thanks!
Jonathon