[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: No internet for Tesla history project
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: No internet for Tesla history project
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:53:02 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:53:40 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <BtfrCD.A.fYF.zwMbCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Karl Lindheimer <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
There are MANY books available about Tesla and his contributions. If
you modify your research project to focus on Tesla and his alternating
current production and distribution system which the world uses today,
and not focus solely on Tesla coils per se, you will find more
information. Any librarian can help you get started.
Also, you say you need to be "spoon fed" information about Tesla -
YET not use the internet? Any information you glean from this "Tesla
Coil Mailing List" would be considered obtained through the internet,
thus USELESS to you. I believe your teachers requirements for this
project to include solid research and verifiable bibliographic sources.
The postings on this mailing list could be truthful and accurate, or
maybe not... Certainly not fully "peer-reviewed" as in the professional
journals. Ask your librarian to help you search using the EBSCO
database as well as the several others available. You can get the
text of any Tesla related article from accepted academic sources in
Also, search the US Patent office for Tesla's inventions and patents.
I'm certain that information from the patent office would be considered
verifiable and admissible.
On Apr 24, 2005, at 8:51 PM "Steven Steele" sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote
I need the information "spoon fed" because I am not allowed to
research this on the internet and there aren't alot of books that are
about how tesla coils work. At least not alot that I can get my hands
So please don't tell me to use the internet. Thank you.