Re: This Hobby's Expensive - Tosh! No,my good man, it isn't!

Hi,

Svetlana makes a lot of big power tubes still to this day and they are good quality. RF Parts carries them:

http://www.rfparts.com/tubesvet.html

http://www.rfparts.com/6146w.html#select

http://www.rfparts.com/572b.html

http://www.rfparts.com/6146w.html

Beware some of the cheap "chinese" tubes. I got two and they literally fell apart in my hands since the glue used to hold the base and top terminal was not designed to withstand heat :-p Once i glues them back together, they just arced and blew up.... I like Svetlana! The people at RF parts can help you be sure you get good ones. Svetlana's websites seem to be forever down :-(

RF Part also sell all kinds of other goodies!

http://www.rfparts.com/product.html

Cheers,

        Terry