Re: This Hobby's Expensive - Tosh! No,my good man, it isn't!

"hi jerry,
            quite a few people have done this with success. just be
careful
to keep splice as flat as poss and well insulated with no sharp edges.
cheers
colin"

	I've done the same thing with the added feature of folding some heavy
writing paper into a little V, running the spice over the top of the V,
then continuing the winding.  After winding on a few turns I trim the
paper down flat with the winding.  Looks odd to have a couple of white
spots along the secondary, but never any sparking problems.

Ed