Re: A question about UV and homemade plasma globes

Original poster: "David Speck" <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

Adam,
The glass of a pickle jar will block most shortwave (harmful) UV.
That's the same effect that prevents you from getting a suntan through a
window.  Short wave UV tubes are constructed with quartz envelopes which
are transparent to short wave UV.

HTH,
Dave