RE: secendary

Original poster: "Daniel Kline" <daniel_kline-at-med.unc.edu>

Just off the top of my head, take the finished length of the winding and
and divide that by the number of turns you want. That would give you the

wire diameter, and you can see what gauge that would be by looking on a
wire-gauge chart.

For example: Let's say I want a 24-inch winding on my secondary, and I
want the winding to be ~1500 turns.

24 inches / 1500 turns = 0.016 inches-per-turn

I look up 0.016 on a wire-gauge chart and see that it's closest match is
28-gauge.

There will be some variance in wire-coating thicknesses depending on the

magnet wire you use, so the number of actual turns probably won't be the
exact
amount you want, but it will be pretty close.
HTH,
Dan K.