RE: Just about

Original poster: "Tristan Steele" <ozonejunkie-at-westnet-dot-com.au>

Hi There,

If I may offer some guidance on the capacitor.  There are bound to be a
few other people out there that will say the same thing.  Use the Java
TC (http://www.classictesla-dot-com/java/javatc.html) to calculate the
required capacitance.  If you run using a MMC based on The Geek Group
caps (http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/mmc/), then I am unaware of any reason
to worry about any of the other factors.  The above webpage also has
links to construction methods, tips and other useful information.

You also require a capacitor rated to about 17000 volts, as the 12000
volt rating on the NST is a RMS rating, not a peak rating.  The peak
rating is determined by multiplying the RMS value by sqrt(2)

The LTR size for a static gap for your transformer is 0.0099uF at 60hZ,
or 0.0119 at 50hZ, as this figure depends on your mains frequency.

I hope that this helps.  I am a newbie as well, so if anybody finds an
error above, then please correct it.

Tristan