Re: Primary Supports - Ball Cutter Question

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hey Adam...

the type of cut you are looking for can be done in 2 manners

1 .  drill the holes 3/4" below the edge of the material and along the
intended primary attachment point and then saw off the excess material with
the upper portion of the drilled holes. and there you have it    a "C" hole
for primary retention.

2. this method requires either a mill or a router/table assy.   first use
an end mill to create a slot smaller than the dia. of the hole you wish to
create. then rerun the pattern with the Ball cutter...  be sure that the
slot you cut with the end mill is a tad larger than the shank of the ball
cutter.

you may want to look at the options of "die grinder tooling" for a wider
varity of shapes.

Scot D

using radial / table type of saws cannot create the cut you want....