Micro SSTC + light bulb = plasma globe. Safe?

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

<http://pc.hydrogen18-dot-com/projectlogs/hivolt/micro_sstc/IMG_6159.JPG>http://pc.hydrogen18-dot-com/projectlogs/hivolt/micro_sstc/IMG_6159.JPG

So I was playing around with this thing some more today and got bored of
messing around with argon tubes in my hands and was wondering...what
happens to a light bulb? So I put one in my hand and waved it near the
corona discharge. Wow. I was sure impressed. So I sat it on top of my micro
sstc, touched the output 28 awg wire to it and fired it up. Its even more
impressive. The light bulb glass glows red hot after 30 seonds. It alters
the resonant frequency so much that if I draw an arc from the coil it stops
resonating and runs from the 555 noise. My only concerns are A) will the
bulb melt and implode
  B)is this making x rays. Also, some people say this makes "lightning in a
bottle", its much closer to "fire in a bottle". I suppose an interrupted
coil would more like lighting

---Eric