From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 11:11 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Quarter Wavelength Frequency

Hi,

To make a very long story short....

Consider how long it takes for current at the base of a coil to reach to
top of the coil...

If it travels the length of the wire (say 1000 feet) then the wire "length
idea" holds.

But here is the catch that changes everything!!!

The coil's turns are all magnetically linked to each other!!

So the current at the top of the coil doe not have to wait for the
electrons to travel the length of the wire, but only the length of the
coil!!  The effects of primary base current are magnetically linked to the
top of the coil through a distance of only say 3 feet...  The coil is not a
1000 foot long antenna.  It is a close wound inductor with the all the
turns closely magnetically linked....

That simply is the "killer" the of wire length/quarter wave stuff...

Listen to Paul here!!!  He has studied this stuff to extreme detail!!!!

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/

Cheers,

          Terry