Re: Tesla coil design help

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 1/30/04 7:29:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>How are you planning to "overdrive" the current from that 10/25 NST ?  I
>would have thought this was basically impossible without removing shunts,
>seeing as these transformers are shunted and therefore internally current
>limited.

Ian,

If the NST is supplied with 140 volts input (or some voltage
between 125 and 140 volts), this will permit the NST to
provide more than the rated current, at least in certain cases.

Even at 120 volts, NST's can sometimes provide more than
their rated current if used with a resonant sized capacitor and
a 120 bps SRSG.

Of course I don't know if this is what the builder has in mind.
Perhaps he will remove some shunts.

John