MOT Coil

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

I'm about to start on a single/double MOT coil, with the monster MOT (core
6"x6"x2 1/2") that I picked up. It will double if I can find another MOT
that size.  After it's ballasting capacitor, I'm planning on a RCR filter of
1.3K 50W, 500pF cap to ground, 1.3K 50W. The gap will be a SRSG, and the cap
will be a 25KV .01uF pulse cap (accelerator salvage).  I'm planning on
driving a 3" PVC secondary with a wallyworld smiley ball for a topload.
Aspect on the secondary will be 4.5 and wound with 26ga wire.  The primary
will be #5 solid grounding wire, as I have half a spool of it sitting
around.  I know that the supply voltage is low, but am hoping that it will
increase due to resonant rise in the primary, and be able to fire the gap.
The gap does have thoriated points, which should help promote firing.  This
is an odds and ends coil to see if it can be done.

Rip her apart guys, just incase I missed anything.

David E Weiss