RE: Tesla coil design help

Original poster: "Ian McLean" <ianmm-at-optusnet-dot-com.au>

Hi Kreso,

I could be wrong here - please someone jump on me if I am (and I know you
will ;) ), but ...

How are you planning to "overdrive" the current from that 10/25 NST ?  I
would have thought this was basically impossible without removing shunts,
seeing as these transformers are shunted and therefore internally current
limited.  Is your NST overrated, or are you planning on unpotting the
transformer and removing some shunts from the core?  I thought this was the
only way of getting more current from an NST.

Of course, you could use two 10/25 NST's wired in parallel to get your 50mA,
no problems.  Heck, you could use 4 for 100mA if you wanted.  Just watch the
phasing.

Rgs
Ian