SSTC FIRST LIGHT!! No, It's not a Plasma Sonic ;)

Original poster: "Jim Mitchell" <electrontube-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

  Today, after tearing my hair out for a week, I heeded Aron Koscho's
advice and decided to check the phasing of my GDT's just one more
time...  Little did I know that the top two mosfets were getting the same
signal, as the bottom two... Go figure.  So I reversed the wires, hooked it
up with just a TL494 pinging two UCC3732X's  driving the full
bridge.  Power on, I got a whisp of corona on the output, so I said, hey
what the hell, and I brought it up to 100v.  Sparks increased to 6-8" and
I'm sure it wasn't running at fres since my tuning pot was just a 10K
single turn deal from radioshack.  Blew my first fets though on 3rd
light.  Also blew my 20A fuse I had in line with the variac o_0  Only two
fets died, and it was silent, I didn't even knew they blew untill I saw my
lights dim and a flash of light from the fuse holder ;-)  I didn't get a
picture before the fets blew, and new ones will be here next week, so Ill
take some pics and put them up on my site when the fets arrive.  Hopefully
Ill get my feedback circuit back together over the weekend. Thanks
everybody for your advice,

Regards - Jim Mitchell