Re: Charge stored in Dielectric? Not really - MISCONCEPTION

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>
>Tesla list wrote:

snip
>Any oil is
>always a much poorer insulator than dry air, and I don't see how
>an experiment using static charges may work under oil. All the
>charge would be drained immediately through the oil.
snip

>Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Interesting, Is this the reason that oil suppresses ionisation, that it
drains the charges away, and by doing so, create a less fierce voltage
gradient around a point. A sort of virtual radius on sharp points?

Cheers, Finn Hammer