RE: Magnifier Primary Capacitors - EQUIDRIVE vs. STANDARD

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

As my recent experiment
(http://www.pupman-dot-com/listarchives/2004/January/msg01310.html) shows , the
tendency for MMC caps to have a residual charge is dependant on precisely
what type of cap is used.  We do not yet understand and are not able to
predict which caps will develop residual charges.  Until we better
understand this and are able to predict whether or not it will happen, I
think it's unwise to suggest that others won't be zapped just because you
haven't been.

Gary Lau
MA, USA