Re: Secondary coil form material

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

When looking at PVC, the grey PVC (Type I PVC) electrical type conduit has a
much better dielectric breakdown than standard
white PVC commonly used in drainage, sewage, water, pipes etc...

I always thought the grey PVC had more carbon in it and therefore more
conductive, but actually the opposite is true.

PVC is just fine for tesla secondaries.  Even cardboard sonotubes which many
claim are very poor coilforms.  I've gotten almost 8 foot arcs using a
10" cardboard sonotube with only about 3.5kW of input power.  Thats pretty
good I think.

Dan