Re: Aluminum tape on toroids? What about the sticky side being nonconducting?

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Hi Gary and Jack,

There is available a copper tape with a conductive adhesive I've used at
HP
for plugging RF leaks in boxes under developement.   Has anyone
experimented
with this?

Gerry R"

	I've used lots of it at work for similar purposes, including connecting
large plates of aluminum together for ground planes.  Two observations:

1. It's very, very expensive.

2. The edges are terribly sharp and almost anyone who works with it

Plain old aluminum tape from the hardware store works fine, is a lot
cheaper, and probably gives a better looking product.  The copper tape
is much harder and harder to get to conform.  I made one small terminal
from a 4" plastic flower holder my wife had, general shape was an oblate
spheroid with a dimple in one of the flat places.   Did cover it with
the copper tape as an experiment, but it was an awful lot of work and no
benefits except that it tarnishes easily!

Ed