RE: igbt

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >I would like to know if I can use the same drive for the gates.

Yes, but you might need to crank up the voltage, IGBTs seem to like 15V or
more.

 >Do I still need the 15v back to back zeners

Yes, but you might want to increase them to 20V

 >and do I still include the fast
 >freewheling diodes across the collector emitter legs.

IGBTs don't have a parasitic body-drain diode like MOSFETs, but some IGBTs
have a fast anti-parallel diode added at the factory. If yours have the
diodes (check the datasheet) you don't need to add any.

If they don't have diodes, you will need to add your own. But (obviously)
you won't need the schottky diodes that are sometimes recommended to isolate
the body-drain diode.

Steve C.