Re: The 1500t secondary myth

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

On 15 Dec 2004, at 19:18, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Interesting!!!  If you wind too many turns the secondary coil's
> "resistance" can start to be a real killer...

There is no doubt about that in my experience. I explored such
extremes in my earlier experimental days to put theory about
proximity effect etc. to the test and found that performance in spark
gap coils suffered noticeably. Such losses are a real loser in CW
coils where voltage gain is Q related.

Malcolm