RE: The 1500t secondary myth

Original poster: "Tom Luttrell PWRCOM" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This was my thinking when I posted the (admittedly sensationalisticly
titled) topic.

The change from 750 turns of 20AWG wire to 1100 turns of 22AWG wire (and
proportionally larger primary tank cap) produced no noticeable change in
output. I presumed this was due to resistive loss on the thinner wire,
and perhaps greater losses in the primary circuit due to higher peak
currents.

By the way, I by no means intended to belittle the years of
experimentation that went into determining the 1500t recommendation. I
just wanted to point out that my experience (based only one modified
coil) showed to me that there was quite a bit of room for design
variation.

Tom.