new coil

Original poster: <chesscactuar@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello, my name is Blake Hartley, and I am a new member to this group and I have finished my first coil. The specs are as follows: 9kv 30mA NST, .0075mF party cup capacitor, 6 turn flat primary (ID 3" OD 9", .25" soft copper tubing, .25 inch spacing), 1.86" secondary wound with 785 turns 29 AWG magnet wire (coating), and 1.5" radius spherical topload. I could get 2.5" sparks from it tapped at the end of the primary. I built a new 8 turn primary, same as last but 11" OD, so I could get the correct resonance. Right when I finished the primary, my secondary came apart somewhere, so I must make a new one, which I plan on coating with polypropylene so it doesn't fall apart. I was wondering if I should make the same secondary again or if I should redesign it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Blake Hartley
chesscactuar@xxxxxxxxx