Salt vs copper sulfate for caps

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 10:23 AM 18/04/04 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: pepperman-at-SoftHome-dot-net
 >
 >Gary,
 >
 >With saltwater caps like you suggested, how big of a problem is
 >corrosion?  I know I've seen suggestions to use copper sulfate
 >as the salt, but that seems a bit expensive.
 >
 >Michael Johnson

Hi Michael,

Copper sulfate isn't a whole lot more expensive than table salt.
I bought enough to build a "Geek Bucket Cap" for less than six
dollars (Canadian) at Shoppers Drug Mart.  There's no corrosion
of the copper pipe electrodes even after several years.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle