Re: Microwave Oven Sync. Motors!

Hi Jim,

Many small AC gear motors (like clocks use) are synchronous.  Digikey sells
these raw motors too.  The problem is they are too slow with the gear works
and too low of power to do much with.  Since they are very low power
impedance protected things, they don't have to worry about overheating or
efficiency which is terrible in them from a percentage point of view.  We
need to be able to turn big rotors fast so we need bigger motors.  I think
John Freau say we need at least 1/10HP.  1/4HP 1800 RPM is perfect IMHO.

Cheers,

         Terry