Re: TV vs Hair Dryer ?

Original poster: Dave Leddon <dave-at-leddon-dot-com>

Speaking of water pipes, A while back I was running a coil in the garage,
letting the arc strike the metal garage door which is grounded to some
nearby water pipes.  About 10 minutes later my wife came out, drying her
hair,  and asked what was going on with the water.  She had been taking a
shower during the time I was running the coil and noticed surges in the
water pressure.  I wondered at the time if these surges could be the result
of some sort of magnostrictive effect in the plumbing.  Anyway, I now make
it a point to never run a coil when someone is in the shower.  Probably an
unjustified fear, but you never know.

Dave