Re: Holloween Ideas...

Original poster: The MCP <ejkeever-at-comcast-dot-net>

Personally, I think it'd be really cool if you got a canister of helium
(lighter-than-air, easily ionized) and released a cloud of it to cling to the
ceiling. Turn on the coil with a connection near the ceiling, and suddenly
sparks are flying all over the ceiling of the room.

I wouldn't pull a stunt like that in any place except one that had no wiring
in the ceilings (read: a dedicated stunt house).

On the other hand, you could do something similar outdoors: Turn on the coil,
and make it discharge into the helium tank. Start pumping helium out, and
have a column of sparks flying into the air for probably 20 feet.

A variation would be to have both the TC power and gas release slaved to one
control, so you press the button and the tanks shoot out a jet of helium,
belching sparks. It'd be a good use for a coil small enough it wouldn't hurt
anyone: bury little cans of helium that are leaking to create a plume, and
have a little discharge wire connected to each. Behind the scenes, ground
your coil to the wires randomly, so it's like lightning shooting out of the
ground for no reason.

Did I get any ideas right?