Re: Can it work?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Christopher \"CajunCoiler\" Mayeux" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>
 >
 > When I saw this pizza pan, I started pondering if this might
 > pass as an el-cheapo, half-way-decent toroid.
 >
 > http://members.cox-dot-net/cajuncoiler/cheaptoroid.jpg
 >
 > It's 13 inches wide, made from 18 gauge aluminum, and the
 > edges are rolled about an inch.  I figure it to be about
 > 10.3pF or so.

Look at what I use as "toroid" in my coils:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/tefp.html
I made it, but could have used two small pizza pans, one against the
other. Produces nice streamers around the border. And the flat top
is useful as a place for experiments. The antenna allows tuning, but
I cover it or remove it for higher breakout voltage.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz