Re: first coil

Hi,

At 10:05 PM 10/3/2003, you wrote:
>I wound what was pretty much a tesla coil secondary ( Its on my shelf,
>never used) , by hand, I tried winding it with a drill, but the wire
>snapped a lot, how do you do it?

If you take a standard AC powered drill and run it with a variac at low
voltage, it will loose all of it's torque.  It can turn the coil fast
enough to wind but if something snags, the wire (#24) should be able to
stop the rotation against the now tiny torque.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC08-23-03.jpg

Cheers,

         Terry