Re: Superconducting Tesla coil...

Hi,

Around here you can get LN2 in 10 litter dewers.  Basically like a big
thermos bottle.  I think it is like $5 for the LN2 and $5 to rent the dewer
for a few days.  There may be a deposit on the dewer to be sure they get it
back.  They may fuss a little more if you are just a private individual as
opposed to coming from some big local factory.  Look like you know what you
are doing.

Usually, they will not fill up none standard things not designed for the
task.  Local shops my bend the rules there, but there really are not
supposed to do that.

What ever you do, do not transport it in a closed car.  Put it in the trunk
and crack the windows open.  Nothing like the car filling up with  pure N2
to make you go to sleep at the wheel.  Air is about 21% O2,  Get that down
to say only 18%, and you start to get goofy...  Also be sure the stuff is
safe in an accident.  Best to be in the trunk of the car rather than the
seat beside you if you get whacked.

You need to keep dewers in well ventilated areas, away from kids,
etc.  Wear safety goggles when playing with it.  It is really not to bad at
all.

I doubt reducing primary resistance by cooling is going to make a
difference, but we will see what the reports back say..

Cheers,

	Terry