Re: Marx Generator Success!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Currently I'm using one side of a 12kV/30mA NST which first runs through a
2-stage Cockroft-Walton multiplier.

So at 120VAC input voltage to the 12kV/30mA NST on one leg that gives me
6kVAC/30mA to the input of the CW multiplier which
in turns gives me approximately 30kVDC output of the CW multiplier (no load
voltage).

If I set the input to about 70% on variac, rep rate is about 2-3Hz.  If I
set to 100%, rep rate is about 0.5 to 1Hz.  So the marx generator is running
a bit on the low
side.  Tomorrow I'll hook the input to the marx generator up to my hv
divider and verify exactly what voltage I'm loading it with.

The Captain

 > Hi Dan
 >
 > >Finally got my marx generator running and producing 15" arcs.  However,
I'm