Windy Coil Action

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

Last night, I got out the 6" again, and the wind came up just as I finished
setting up.  It did make for some interesting pictures.
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/6inchwndy.jpg

I was able to get 37" measured strikes every so often, but the wind kept it
to a minimum.  I was getting some arcing on the secondary, with the arc
going up and over the top of the coil form.  This stopped when I put the
spike up on the torrid, so it must have been caused by ionized gas buildup
on the downwind side coil/torrid.  I think putting in a bulkhead of PVC
should stop it in the future.

May your streamers be long and plentiful!
David E Weiss