Re: Three phase from single phase

Original poster: "Zagarus Rashkae by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > How big are your single-phase service lines
 > and how big is the
 > transformer they're connected to.  Around here the
 > typical home
 > distribution transformer isn't much over 5 kVa.

My personal pig doing its thing on the pole outside of
my house is 25 KVA. I've seen mostly 25 and 50 KVA
around, some 15's and some monster ones powering big
buildings, at 112.5 KVA. They're all labeled in big
letters on the gray can.

Chris