Re: Electrical Properties of Brass

You want to look into the plating they're actually going to do.. Chromium,
often used as a layer in plating (if not the top layer) and Nickel, also
often used, are pretty resistive (they make NiChrome wire from them for a
reason).  Taking a perfectly good copper conductor, then plating a layer of
something else over it, then yet another layer of something else, might not
be such a great idea.  Gold isn't as good a conductor as copper (about 80%
or so, in my fuzzy recollection). It's used in electronics as a very thin
layer because it is resistant to corrosion, and because solder "wets" it
easily.