Re: Maxwell Capacitor - Air Bubble question . . .

Original poster: "Bunnykiller by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hi Capt...

I use 4 Mawells in my coil set up and all 4 have air in the caps....   (
well 2 of them had air in them when I got them the other 2 needed a refill
due to UPS   or is that OOOPS....  ;)   )   since these caps do get warm
during usage..  there will be some expansion of the oil in the case..  air
is a good medium for oil expansion...    just be sure to keep the air
pocket above the main plate assembly...   air in the plate assembly is
baaad...   oil is gooood ...;)    I lost a really nice 36XXX cap  due to
running it on its long side instead of "upwards" ... the plates on the
"air" side became "dry" and ooops...  there goes 80$...

Scot D