Re: Maxwell Capacitor - Air Bubble question . . .

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Thanks Bert.  Thats good to know!
I'll be high-potting all these capacitors tomorrow at work for a final check
so hopefully all will be well!
I do have some 0.2uF, 45kV 37xxxx series maxwell capacitors.  Now just need
to get some serious pole transformers (>15kW output) to run these things!

Dan

 > Dan,
 >
 > Bubbles are common in many plastic packaged pulse capacitors, and its
quite
 > likely that the cap came with the bubble from the factory. If the case is
 > intact (i.e., not leaking oil) and the bubble small, it will have
 > absolutely NO impact on the cap's performance or expected life.
 >
 > Relatively large bubbles were purposely left inside cylindrical capacitors
 > (for example laser and pulse caps from CP) to provide a degree of "give"
 > when the capacitor innards heated up during heavy duty service.
Rectangular