RE: I've lost my k. Can someone help me find it?

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Dan -

You may have seen the Open/Short test in my Tesla Coil Construction Guide

    K = sqrt(1-(Fo/Fs))  or  K = sqrt(1-(Ls/Lo))

Fo = frequency when secondary coil open
Fs = frequency when secondary coil shorted
Lo = inductance when secondary coil open
Ls = inductance when secondary coil shorted

There is also the Two Hump test

     K = Fh - Fl/Fr

Fh = High frequency hump
Fl = Low frequency hump
Fr = Resonant frequency

The K factor can also be found by the mutual inductance test shown in my
Tesla Coil Design Manual.

John Couture