Re: I've lost my k. Can someone help me find it?

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

> set me straight on how to calculate K given a pri/sec assembly's
> lower (F1)  and upper (F2) resonant frequency?

The two frequencies are
  F1 = Fres/sqrt(1+k)
for the lower, and
  F2 = Fres/sqrt(1-k)
for the upper, for high Q coils where Fres is the common
resonant frequency of the uncoupled coils.

So k is (x^2-1)/(x^2+1) where x is the ratio of the two
resonant frequencies, F2/F1.

Earlier answers were confusing in that they were either
wrong, or referred to a completely different situation.
--
Paul Nicholson