Education was RE: Inexperience was RE: Mad experiment or Re: PDT

Original poster: "Ken Stevens by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bluewaterdiver-at-earthlink-dot-net>

<---SNIP--->
>Crow Leader <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
>
>All these "horror" stories are wonderful and such, but don't actually
>educate anybody as to say prevent accidents with a tesla coil

<---SNIP--->

Educations come in many different forms.

If hearing about peoples mishaps gives even one person the thought that
they might need to be a little more cautious around these coils then
it's all been good.

If you want a directly relatable incident, then here's a blip that I
read in a local newspaper. In California we had an incident at a sewage
treatment plant. A group of electricians was hooking up to a 12000volt
panel. One tech reached into what should have been "locked out" panel
and received burns over 90% of his body, instantly!

12000volts Big Amperage... Should have been off.... Electrician should
have checked.... Simple mistake. Sounds like it could have been a Tesla
Coil PDT supply, HUH.

I know how difficult it can be to make people realize the danger lurking
in the wire. I may have been a little broad with the diving example, but
it was all in hopes of doing good.

Ken