Update: Hurray! 6 Pack MOT supply success

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Update: Successful firing this morning.  Plenty of power and voltage driving
an 8" system at
Fo = 120 kHz, C = 0.025 ufd. Thick 3 foot power arcs to the water pipes in
the ceiling at 60% variac setting.

No ballast, shunts in, feeding 240 VAC mains through powerstat variac. Air
Blast gap set to 3/8".

MOT PSUs do work. Tim J and others aren't spoofin'.
Dave H

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

In honor of my dead T&R PDT (Pole Distro transformer--Ariel), I've
endeavored to get sparking again with an MOT supply. I have MOTs coming out
of me arse--may as well put them to work. ...........snip

.............Caveat--I've not yet fired a coil with this
6-pack, but I've a hunch it will perform in Tesla Coil duty without
problems. Installing individual safety gaps on each MOT may not be a bad
idea.

I'm sure spark gap is soon in the offing.

A bit long here...
Dave Hartwick