RE: PDT (Pig) failure modes

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Terry,
Surely you jest!....Wait, you're serious--you're willing to pay for the
shipping. ... You are a dedicated failure analysis man!

I should reiterate something: The primary took a few hits running at about 4
kVA without the center safety gap electrode being connected to
ground--alligator clip failure (Should I send you the clip? ;]) I'm guessing
this was the cause, or at least the final catalyst for what was impending
failure.

Let me think about this. An analysis could yield valuable data for the
group, but to be frank, pulling the core again and wrapping that sloppy mess
up for shipping is not a job I anticipate with relish.
Dave

Hi Dave,

We really "should" find the "cause" of the failure!  We live a thousand
miles apart but I would be happy to pay the cost of wrapping and shipping
the core if needed.  It is probably some stupid manufacturing defect but
what the heck....

If you don't want to rip the thing to shreads, "I" do :o)))))))  I know it
is a big mess but maybe we can get something going...  We need to see if we
can dig into this failure more if possible...

Cheers,

	Terry
	terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net