Is this cap any good???

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi All,

	I just bought an 11nF "pulse cap" from my local surplus joint.  The
front of it reads:

	Aerovox Pulse Capacitor
	Type - 	P20M140
	0.011 MFD
	25 KV
	Pulserate - 360 PPS

	The insulators are about 2.5 inches high, with big 3/8 - 16 studs on
top.  The whole unit is 8" wide, 5.5" tall (excluding insulators), and
4" deep.  It's an elderly looking cap, so it's probably got PCBs in it.
I'm wondering whether or not to buy 5 more to power my 5 kVA system
(66nF).

	The pulse rate sounds encouraging, and the voltage/capacitance is
perfect for a 15/60 neon coil.  The dielectric type is the big unknown
here.  I can't test it very well, since I haven't got a neon coil, nor
do I have $10k in test equipment ;-)).  Any suggestions reagrding
testing this thing?  Anybody have any experience with one???

Thanks,
Winston K.

I may buy more just because they look cool :-))).