Table Top Tesla Coil competition rules and website

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

After much discussion and consideration, I have posted what I feel are the
most meaningful and inclusive contest rules to my web site.  Please see
http://www.laushaus-dot-com/tesla/minicoilcontest

Briefly, there are two competition categories. Category 1 requires the use
of a 4kV/20mA faceplate-rated NST, subject to shunt removal.  Category 2
permits the use of any NST whose secondary short circuit current times open
circuit voltage does not exceed 200VA.  Entries in each category will be
ranked separately according to measured discharge length.

Please read all of the rules and the rationale behind them.  I will
entertain rule revisions and additions if something needs clarification or
if I've failed to consider something, but please consider the fundamental
issues of categories and permissible modifications to be final.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA